Sunday, March 13, 2011

guinness is gross...

but it makes one heck of a stew.

a friend of mine brought over a bunch of guinness from her fridge that her fiance left over at her home.  they have been sitting in my veggie drawer for months.  and by months, i mean a year.

i personally think they are gross.

yeah, i'm thinking about dumping it down the drain!

if i'm going to drink a beer, gosh darn it, it has got to have some fizz.

how gross guinness is as a beer is not the objective for this post.

my objective was to find a way to use up these draughts in the spirit of st. patrick's day and share it with you.

i found a food network recipe for beef and guinness stew. surprisingly, i had everything i needed for the recipe in my fridge...and i haven't done food shopping in a week!

changes i made:

  1. i added bacon.  
  2. i added a tablespoon of brown sugar.  
  3. i added semi-cooked, diced potatoes towards the end.

if i had a little more patience and less cleaning to do i would have figured out a way to photoshop my fingerprints off my spoon.  

just keepin' it real.  

cheers, big ears!

stay tuned for some kind of green dessert.  

xoxo

jill

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis, sorry I haven't been by in a while...but I'm painting and doing taxes for 2 companies while I'm learning to knit & working full time...yeh, I'm just a little busy *_^

    Y'know I too love cooking with beer...but hate how all beer tastes..yuck!

    This stew looks sooooooooo good...it makes me wanna go out and buy myself a crockpot ASAP!

    I will totally try it!!..hmmmm beef stew...yummmm!! ^_^

    P.S...do you think leafclovers are edible?, they would make one cute food decor!! ^_^....floating leaf clovers on your st. patty's day stew hehehe

    ReplyDelete