Thursday, March 3, 2011

say goodbye to miss frump

yes, i'm miss frump.  err...mrs. frump.

i'd say it's a condition of being a mom and a stay-at-home mom.



before i got married i'd get my hair highlighted, buy clothes regularly, put deodorant on.

my mascara was fresh.

then i had kids.



i stopped caring.  i'd go out in my old tee-shirts with spit-up on them.  i wore my maternity clothes long after i gave birth.

last time i got my haircut was in june.  no lie.  and i wouldn't have got one then if i wasn't for a friends wedding.

being a mom isn't a good enough excuse to let myself get this way.  it really isn't.  there are plenty of hot moms out there.



that's why i have my backup excuse:

i hate that i don't make my own money.

my husband provides for our family just fine, but there is still that guilt of not being able to buy the things i need with money i "earned."

so what do i do...i don't buy anything except for what we need.  i don't take care of myself.  that guilt came from daddy issues.  it's something i'm working on.

it wasn't until i finally finished school and my daughter turned two that we made it official that i would be a stay-at-home-mom.  that's when i started to really go downhill.

i'm kind of embarrassed now.  why didn't anyone say "jill, you look like crap?"

i totally ruined my family pics.
ugggh.  except for the chicken nugget.

remind me: no more beige!

i've been thinking about it a lot lately.  here's why:

i'm turning 30 in april.  i'm only young once.  why look like hell now when i know i'll look like hell later...naturally.

$hellbug gets on my case.  she's seen my closet.  she holds me accountable.

i now realize that i have minimal clothes.  i hate going out anywhere, because i seriously don't have anything to wear.

my make-up is down to nubs and bottom palette.

the worst part of it is that since i am home most of the time, in my head i just don't feel like i need a reason to look decent.

i'm so wrong.  i should look good for my husband.  not my kids.  or our friends.

my husband.  oh, how i have failed you.

however, in the past few days i've made some baby steps.

nursing bras.  gone.

maternity clothes.  gone.

new socks.  check.

new bras.  check.

new deodorant.  clinical strength.  (sorry toms of maine, you kinda suck...er...stink).

my own razors.  no longer stealing hubby's.  check.

i'm feeling good about this.

and thanks to MeLi at domestiquette...i now know how to hide my dark circles.

am i the only one out there that gets into a funk?  do you have a cycle you fall into every few years?

if you do, remember, you are not alone.  we can get out of this funk together.

and for everyone else that has no idea what a funk is...

good for you!

jill

No comments:

Post a Comment