Tuesday, February 22, 2011

bane of my existence.

you guessed it.  laundry.

(and stuffed animals.)

it owns me.

i can't seem to get on top of it.  i have accepted that it will be part of my routine for the next twenty years to wake up, turn on the coffee maker, open blinds, and throw in a load of laundry.

hubby has a new job.  so he has new work clothes that require a bit more work.  like ironing.  his last job was government issued uniforms that never required to be ironed.

even after spending a few nights in the dryer.  it was awesome.

then there's the kids clothes.  

then towels.

and dish towels.

and sheets.

and....

sigh.

our laundry room right now is just the closet off of our spare bathroom that just fits the washer and dryer.  it gets the job done.

however, i'd love to do something with the laundry room/mud room in our future home.  i am really hoping my fil, who's home we're buying, is going to leave behind his ridiculously awesome washer/dryer.

here are some things that have caught my eye.

 storage.  yay.

i like this piece to hold linens, maybe not in the laundry room...but i still like it. 

love. love. love.

i like the cabinets above the machines with the counter and sink.  i prefer a large basin sink, though.

cute idea.  needs more storage shelves

this makes me smile.  

so there you have it folks.  the first line of business in our new home will be the bathroom/mudroom/laundry room.  

hubby doesn't know it yet.  

in order for this whole "happy wife is a happy life" thing to work out, i need my laundry room before he gets his smoke room/man cave/garage...blah blah blah. 

unless, of course, he plans on doing the laundry down there:)  

what are your dreams for your laundry room?  c'mon, i know deep down in there you have some!  please share.  

do you share the same sentiment towards laundry as myself?  i need support here, girls!  what's your routine for laundry if one exists?

thanks for stopping by.

jill

4 comments:

  1. Ah!!, loved all these inspiration pics!!...I honestly haven't put much focus in my laundry room, all I know I want shelves with pretty jars that hold common laundry things....but since the laundry area is a simple closet off the kitchen walkway, I really can't do much...plus we had to get the cheap ugly wa/dr cuz they're the right size for the space...so no top counter :(

    But I'm happy for you!!; I'd say pick a thing you love from each idea and try to incorporate it....making sure it really does make your laundry work easier... that's really what's gonna make you smile ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh i hate laundry too! and even though i'm thankful to have a washer/dryer in my little studio apartment, i cannot wait to one day have a house (hopefully!) with a proper laundry room. second to laundry, the most hated chore is probably ironing, so i feel you on that pain too :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. hams-it seriously never ends. i'm thinking i should just move into the laundry room. i spend way too much time in there. wouldn't be the first time someone slept on the bathroom floor.

    as for ironing...i'm totally thinking about having some dry cleaner in town pic up his work shirts. i think it would be a great investment!

    meli- i love jars with stuff in them. and i can totally see myself doing that in our laundry room...with blackboard paint, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I told you that I love laundry, right? Well, it's true. I'm a huge laundry fan! But ironing is up to no good.

    ReplyDelete