Monday, February 28, 2011

tour de thrift shop

sing with me...

it's raining, it's pouring...

a mommy stuck inside is boooriiiiing.

i seriously hate when it rains.

when i had the cafe two years ago, it rained for a good part of the season.  however, since the cafe was amongst many antique and thrift shops, rainy days brought out the antique shoppers.

not sure why anyone would wanna cart around their finds in less than desirable weather.

but they did.

and today i dragged along my kids to a thrift shop in hightstown.



who would do such a thing? i know. but, i was desperate to get out.

my finds.

the plates were $2 a pop.  they just need some polishing.




i'd like to collect about ten plates and gather on a wall over a buffet or dresser in my bedroom.

this was $7.  it definitely needs to be sanded, primed (maybe), and i bought two cans of satin brushed nickel spray paint.



i hate magazines lying around the house.  i don't have any subscriptions, but hubby has a mess load of techie mags that i loathe.  normally, chicken nugget chews them up.  leaving me a mass of tiny little pieces of wet paper.  arggh.

sooo...needless to say, we need a place for magazines.

once this rain calms down, i'll take care of business when kiddos are napping...at the same time...which will only happen if i run these guys to the g-r-o-u-n-d!

tomorrow, i'm heading down the shore and plan on hitting up another thrift shop that helps support teen moms that get preggers.  i'm hoping this store is promising because it will be the closest one to us once we move.

jill

3 comments:

  1. Hiya sis!...love the finds!...I feel that when you go thrift shopping and you find cool things, it makes you wanna go back for more...and more...lol

    Honestly, you should see my car!!..in the past week I have bought so many freaking things between my closest thrift shop, the flea market and goodwill....lol..
    My hubby says I have a "junk/crap" obsession...and I say YUP!, I do!..I'm a hoarder...lmao...but in my defense, everyone wants my things..so it's not like I like to collect garbage...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I do have fab taste! hehehe

    Good luck tomorrow!!...I hope you find amazing stuff!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is in hightstown? i should check it out sometime. i love the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meli- i love all the pics you took. even the monkeys were cute...they reminded me of toy story 3.

    i'm afraid to accumulate too many things right now bc we have bigger priorities besides decorating once we move.

    i find if i focus on 1 or two items...then i can control my collecting:) right now it's silver plates and hobnob vases.

    haems- yes...it's right off of princeton hightstown road. once you cross 130...when the road kinda splits...stay right. it's past the hightstown ghetto a block away from 33.

    ReplyDelete