Wednesday, February 2, 2011

waterless shampoo, are you kidding me?

anyone who has kids gets it.  sometimes us moms just don't get around to showering as often as we'd like.  just to keep it real,  i had a hard time even finding time to brush my teeth when chicken nugget was a newborn.  let alone take a shower.

but as you get creative with parenting you figure out ways to keep yourself semi-decent.  with my dd, i brought her into the shower with me when she was young enough to sit-up by herself.  with chicken nugget, i prefer to put him in a high chair with a mountain of fruity cheerios in the doorway of our bathroom.

i usually don't watch commercials.  everything we watch is on tivo.  but, somehow a commercial snuck in.  it was for tres semme waterless foaming shampoo.



although the idea of a waterless shampoo sounds genius.  i'm not so sure i buy it.  sounds like something that would make your already oily head of hair, oilier, but with a pleasant fruity scent.

would you try this?  have you already?

xoxo
jill

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill!!...well I have tried dry shampoo and it is awesome!!...it spays on a chalky-white color, but then you massage your scalp to mix it in your hair..it takes all the oil away and makes your hair look more decent and smell fresh-errr lol ....so in between mommy showers, you may wanna try this, it really does work....
    PS I haven't tried the tresemme one, the one I got is from sally's beauty supply and it's called babiste (keep in mind a med. size can runs about $9!...so use sparingly I guess)
    ^_^
    Meli

    http://domestiquette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright, meli... so i looked at reviews of the tres semme brand. didnt seem like many people liked it. I didn't realize these kind of products even existed. i think there is a sallys somewhere around here. I'd like to give babiste a try for those "impossible to get anything done" kinda days:). thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^_^ my pleasure....
    btw, while you're out getting your new handy time-saving dry shampoo (*_^) get some strawberries and chocolate melt chips and head over to my blog to read about how to make the cutest strawberry bouquet ^_^ your kids will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oscar biandi also makes a dry shampoo and i think you can get a travel size at sephora if you want to try it out. my SIL really liked it esp because she has a LOT of hair and sometimes it's too much effort to wash and DRY all that hair! i haven't tried it, but i've been using shampoo w/ no sodium lauryl sulfate (the stuff that makes shampoo foam) b/c it doesn't dry out my scalp. drying out your scalp makes it overproduce oil to compensate. it took my scalp a few weeks to get used to it, but now i shampoo about every 2 or 3 days, depending on the weather.

    my current fav shampoo is Trader Joe's tea tree/mint. organic and natural and smells GREAT! it's by far the cheapest organic shampoo i've found too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haems- weird you mention sodium laurel sulfate...they (meaning doctors) say stay away from toothpaste with it in it. it will dry out your mouth and give you stinkier breath.

    ReplyDelete